The Día Multicultural Mini Grant Project is open to all school libraries, public libraries, and tribal libraries in the State of Utah interested in holding their own Día! event or activities. Come and learn more about the grant and how much funding is available to you. The goals of the project include:
- Connect children to the world of learning through books, stories and libraries.
- Recognize and respect culture, heritage and language as powerful tools for strengthening families and communities.
- Nurture cognitive and literacy development in ways that honor and embrace a child’s home language and culture.
- Introduce families to community resources that provide opportunities for learning through multiple literacies.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Background information about Día de los Niños, Día de los Libros / Children’s Day, Book Day
- Specifics about the State Library’s Día MultiCultural Mini Grants
- Application form & Final Evaluation form
- Ideas for events and activities
Presenter: Juan T. Lee, Project Coordinator, Utah State Library Division